How to create realistic rose petals in Procreate.
1) Start with a 6" x 6" canvas in Procreate.
||Background + petal shading
Here is a breakdown of each drawing layer:
|3) Using the Tarraleah brush in the artistic section of Procreate, color a green background. Sketch using the HB Pencil from the sketching section; create a petal outline with a bent petal tip.
4) On a new layer on the layers panel, outline the sketch with the Monoline brush. On a new layer, outline the bent petal tip as it's own layer + shape.
3) You should now have 2 separate petal layers. Fill in those petal layers with white.
|3) Swipe two fingers to the right to fill in the larger petal layer. Shade a gray color to the upper left using the Tarraleah brush. Shade the right of the petal with a pink color.
|3) Swipe 2 fingers to the right on the smaller petal layer. Shade the edge of the petal tip with a burgundy/wine color using the Tarraleah brush on the lowest size setting, if you want a cleaner edge, use the oriental brush to color the petal tip edge.
||3) Check the view layer box on the layer panel for both petals to view them together. You should now have a complete petal!
Hope you liked this petal tutorial. See the step by step video tutorial by becoming a Procreate Design Member.
If you like this content and would like to see more in-depth video tutorials + receive Procreate files, consider becoming a Member of our Procreate Design Membership!
This is perfect for:
- Those wanting to improve their design skills on Procreate
- Hobbyists; those wanting to try a new hobby
- Digital Illustrators
Members receive weekly tutorials that include:
- Procreate drawing video tutorials
- Procreate brushes, color palettes, stamps + files
- Access to our Facebook Group with support from myself and other Members
- Q+A, input in future projects and brushes
- Occasional bonus files for Procreate, printable planner sheets, coloring pages, etc.
- 50% off of PAST monthly brushes + videos bundles
Access to the Printable Haven Membership Library via Printablehaven.com that includes the following:
- Starter Materials
- Procreate Brushes + Files
- Recent Highlights
- Current Favorites (Procreate related + personal)
- Weekly Uploads section