How to use the Symmetry tool in Procreate
How to use the symmetry tool in Procreate to sketch a window.
1) Start with a 6" x 6" canvas in Procreate.
2) Using the HB Pencil in the sketching section of procreate. Draw 3 lines to map out the top and bottom height of the window. The second line is used to draw the casing around the window.
3) Click on the top left Settings icon > Canvas > Drawing Guide (turn on) > Edit Drawing Guide.
4) There are 4 options at the bottom: 2D Grid, Isometric, Perspective and Symmetry. Click Symmetry > Assisted Drawing (turn on) > Done.
5) On the upper right hand corner layers panel, your sketch layer should be "Assisted."
I've used the Symmetry tool for the window sketch layer and the color window layer. The light, flowers, plant, shadow and background color layers were unassisted. See the final artwork on Procreate below.
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.